Friday, September 21, 2012

More acrylics...2011-2012

Ok, so I did have some more oldies to add up on here...the last post was getting pretty long. I promise I'll start getting to the good stuff eventually here, but I wanted to complete this train of thought first.


This first one was sort of an experiment with painting on black gesso. I'm not sure how much I will be using it in the future, but for a one-hour painting, it turned out ok. I wanted it to sort of represent a 'wave of emotion', so I think it worked fine for that purpose.

Darkwave
Acrylic on canvas, 2010, 11x14
Original: Available


The next one was just a study I did trying to figure out the trees I screwed up in the earlier "Raido" painting from a previous post. I wasn't really sure what to call it, but I think I',m going with gazed and confused. I was fairly happy with it, with the exception of his ridiculous looking hat. What a mess! (note to self: learn how to draw a damn hat!)

Gazed and Confused
Acrylic on canvas, 2011, 12x12
Original: Available


This next is just from a photo of a tree I took while hiking up on palomar mountain. Ha, if you were to look through my digital camera, you'd find lots of photos of rocks and trees. Rocks and trees, rocks and trees. I love me some rocks and trees. Well, you'd find some stuff that you'd be like...why? Well thats because most of my pictures are art related, so there are photos of my hands in certain positions to try to copy into a painting, or photos of a shirt. Just a shirt, no one in it. Haha, so I could get a shot of the way the fold look. So, to whoever eventually steals my digital camera (hopefully never), that is the logic behind those photos.

Regardless, this painting was really about sponging in leaves. Another quickie, but on this one I didn't make the mistake of overworking the painting. I cut it short, and was so happy I did. With me, usually less in more.

 Little Tree
Acrylic on Canvas, 16x20, 2011
Original: Available

No comments:

Post a Comment